Smiths' sheds supplied by the Clyde Structural Iron Co for Napier & Miller's shipyard in Old Kilpatrick, illustrated in the former company's booklet illustrating its products c 1910. The iron sheds were 15 feet long and 100 feet wide in two spans. A duplicate was supplied for a shipyard in Trieste, which was then a major port in Austria-Hungary but was annexed by Italy after the First World War.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC 624.10941443 CLY
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Archives
Clyde Structural Iron Co, Clyde Structural Steel Co, Clydeside Ironworks, engineers, iron, iron sheds, Napier & Miller, shipbuilders, shipyards, smiths' sheds, steel, structural engineering