Part of a railway platform shelter manufactured by the Clyde Structural Iron Co, illustrated in a booklet of the firm's products c 1910. The shelter, 380 feet long and 27 feet wide, was ordered by the Crown Agents for the Colonies and destined for Park Station, Johannesburg.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC 624.10941443 CLY
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Archives
Clyde Structural Iron Co, Clyde Structural Steel Co, Clydeside Ironworks, Crown Agents for the Colonies, engineers, iron, Park Station, railway platform shelters, railway stations, steel, structural engineering