The office building of the Clyde Structural Iron Co at 1120 South Street, Scotstoun, from a booklet of illustrations of their products c 1910.
The firm was established c 1898. Its Clydeside Ironworks specialised initially in iron roofs and bridges. The range of products expanded and the most used material changed, and during the early 1960s the company name was changed to the Clyde Structural Steel Co.
Many of the firm's products were exported, and some survive to this day. The firm continued in business in Scotstoun until the early 1980s.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC 624.10941443 CLY
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Archives
Clyde Structural Iron Co, Clyde Structural Steel Co, Clydeside Ironworks, engineers, iron, office buildings, offices, steel, structural engineering