A view of the provender mills, part of Scotstoun Mills, as illustrated in a souvenir brochure issued by John White & Sons to commemorate the opening of the rebuilt flour and grain mills on the west bank of the Kelvin in January 1911.
The two provender mills were built adjoining the flour mills. They had a combined production capacity of over thirty sacks per hour of feeding meals such as bean meals, Indian corn meal, oatmeal, barleymeal, brosemeal, split peas and split lentils.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC 679 WHI
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
barleymeal, bean meals, brosemeal, flour, grain, grain mills, Indian corn meal, John White & Sons, meal mills, oatmeal, provender mills, River Kelvin, Scotstoun Mills, split lentils, split peas