The front cover of the wholesale and export trade list of Wilson, Matheson & Co, clothing manufacturers, published around 1872. It shows the outside of the firm's warehouse at 42 Glassford Street, which was formerly the site of the General Post Office.
Glasgow's main post office occupied several locations at different times during the early part of the 19th century. It was located at 42 Glassford Street from 1840 to 1857, when it moved to George Square.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC 381.1410941443 WIL
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
clothing manufacturers, General Post Office, trade catalogues, warehouses, Wilson, Matheson & Co