A postcard view looking west towards Garscadden, c 1910, of the North British Railway line at Scotstounhill station.
Opened in 1887, Scotstounhill was built as a commuter station to serve the increasing population of the area. Traffic on the line received a further boost between the wars when Glasgow Corporation acquired land nearby to build municipal housing.
This postcard, along with other local views, was published by the shopkeeper who owned the shop attached to the station, a practice which was followed by many stationers at the time.
Reference: Mitchell Library GC Postcards
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Glasgow Corporation, North British Railway, postcards, railway footbridges, railway stations, railways, shops, stationers, suburban commuters