A postcard illustrating Shettleston Baptist Church, from the early years of the 20th century.
A Baptist congregation in Shettleston was constituted in 1899. Funds were raised and the new church was opened in 1901 in Springfield Road, which became Amulree Street following the incorporation of Shettleston into Glasgow in 1912. The building was constructed of iron and was known locally as the "Tin Kirk".
The congregation increased in numbers, and in 1923 a fund was set up to raise money for a new church building. Built on the same site, it opened for worship in 1932.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC Postcards
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Baptist churches, iron, postcards, Shettleston Baptist Church, Tin Kirk