A postcard view of St Mary's Church at 16 Peel Street, Partick, c 1907.
St. Mary's Partick Parish Church was built in 1863. The name lasted for a century, until in 1963 St Mary's amalgamated with two other Church of Scotland parishes, Partick High and Dowanvale, to form Hamilton Crescent Parish Church, on the site at Peel Street.
In 1978 Partick South Church was formed by the amalgamation of 3 churches, Partick Newton Place, Partick Anderson and Hamilton Crescent, at 259 Dumbarton Road. A modern church building was erected on the Dumbarton Road site in 1988.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC Postcards
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Church of Scotland, church spires, church towers, churches, Hamilton Crescent Parish Church, Partick South Church, postcards, St Mary's Partick Parish Church