The first Glasgow directory was published in 1783 by John Tait. This image is taken from a facsimile reprint published in 1871 by Robert Forrester. Page 28 includes surnames from Dow to Dow (by way of Dunbar! - as on the other pages, the surnames are alphabetised by first letter only).
The Dalnotter Iron Company was established in 1769 in the parish of Old Kilpatrick in Dunbartonshire. Several Glasgow merchants invested in the company. Products mentioned in advertisements included garden tools, nails, hinges, bolts, anchors, axes, saws and chains. The Glasgow warehouse was probably required for storage of items awaiting export.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC 914.14351
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Dalnotter Iron Co, directories, exports, family history, genealogy, iron, John Tait's Directory, merchants, warehouses