The first Glasgow directory was published in 1783 by John Tait. This image is taken from a facsimile reprint published in 1871 by Robert Forrester. Page 24 includes surnames from Carmichael to Craig.
Edward Collins opened a paper mill at Dalmuir in 1746. He was later joined in the business by his son Richard. The firm supplied paper to the Foulis brothers, amongst others.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC 914.14351
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
directories, family history, Foulis Academy , genealogy, John Tait's Directory, paper makers, paper mills