The first Glasgow directory was published in 1783 by John Tait. This image is taken from a facsimile reprint published in 1871 by Robert Forrester. Page 19 includes surnames from Brodie to Mrs Boaz the stay maker.
Other entries include those for John Braidfoot, a master at the grammar school, James Barr, the school's former rector, and Mrs Boaz's competitors in High Street and in Saltmarket, Mrs Buchanan and John Buchanan (a relative?) the stay makers.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC 914.14351
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
directories, family history, genealogy, Glasgow Grammar School, John Tait's Directory, rectors, stay makers, teachers