The first Glasgow directory was published in 1783 by John Tait. This image is taken from a facsimile reprint published in 1871 by Robert Forrester.
The list of members of the Faculty of Procurators is completed on page 10, which follows on from page 9. Subsequent page numbers have no further variation in consistency.
Note the references to Trades Land. A land was an old Scots term for a building, probably derived from the Gaelic lan meaning place.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC 914.14351
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
directories, family history, genealogy, John Tait's Directory, lawyers, Royal Faculty of Procurators