The Palace of Industry was the largest building at the Scottish Exhibition in 1911. Occupying the south end of the site, its Scottish Baronial style and high tower made it an instantly recognisable landmark.
Although industrial products were less predominant than in the two previous exhibitions, commercial involvement was still important to the financial success of the Exhibition. Exhibitors from Austria, Denmark, Holland, Germany, Italy and Japan competed for attention with Scottish companies displaying their wares.
The building outlasted the Exhibition and provided the venue for the Scottish Motor Show in January 1912.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC f606.4 (1911)
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries and Archives
Baronial, exhibitions, Palace of Industry, Scottish Baronial, Scottish Exhibition of National History, Art and Industry, Scottish Motor Show, 1912, towers