This photograph provides a panoramic view from the north of the principal buildings at the International Exhibition of 1901.
In the background on the left is the temporary Industrial Hall. On the right is the permanent new Art Gallery and Museum which was opened at the Exhibition. In front of the Art Gallery is Miss Cranston's Tea House, overlooking the trestle bridge across the River Kelvin. The French Pavilion can be seen to the right of the bridge. Van Houten's Cocoa Kiosk is on the extreme right and the centre foreground is occupied by the Saracen Fountain, built by Walter Macfarlane & Co and presented to the city.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC f606.4 (1901)
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries and Archives
bridges, exhibitions, fountains, French Pavilion, Industrial Hall, International Exhibition, 1901, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Miss Cranston's Tea House, River Kelvin, Saracen Fountain, Van Houten's Cocoa Kiosk, Walter Macfarlane & Co