On the day following the official opening of the International Exhibition of 1901, the Duke and Duchess of Fife returned for a private visit. This photograph shows them with a party of councillors and officials in the newly opened Art Gallery and Museum, which housed the Fine Art Section of the Exhibition.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC f606.4 (1901)
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries and Archives
art, art galleries, exhibitions, International Exhibition, 1901, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, museums