Designed by Albert V Gardner for the De Luxe Theatre Co, the Theatre De Luxe was one of Glasgow's first cinemas. It opened in 1911 on Sauchiehall Street, at Charing Cross, and like many early cinemas it occupied a shop unit.
The Theatre De Luxe had a capacity of just 262 and it was unable to compete when larger, more comfortable cinemas opened in the city. It was forced to close in 1930.
Reference: Glasgow City Archives, D-CA 8/2934
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
cinemas, De Luxe Theatre Co, Theatre De Luxe