Scott's Electric Theatre was opened by George Urie Scott in Gray Street, Shettleston, in 1912 and it was the area's first cinema. The building had housed the Parkhead Wire Works and the seating consisted of wooden benches. As more comfortable cinemas opened elsewhere in the city Scott's Electric Theatre found it difficult to attract audiences. It closed in 1920.
Reference: Glasgow City Archives, TD 1271/1/1/37
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
cinemas, Parkhead Wire Works, Scott's Electric Theatre