Designed by A V Gardner for George Taylor, the Partick Picture House opened in Vine Street in 1912. The same architect maintained his eccentric design when the cinema was rebuilt in 1919, and again in 1929 following a fire. Yet another fire in 1962 proved to be the last straw, and the Partick Picture House closed.
Reference: Mitchell Library, Glasgow Collection
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries and Archives
cinemas, fires, Partick Picture House