The Mayfair was opened in Sinclair Drive in Battlefield in 1934. The architect, Eric A Sutherland, produced an eccentric facade combining roughcast, stained glass, bricks and wrought ironwork.
The Mayfair was taken over by ABC in 1935, and closed in 1973.
Reference: Glasgow City Archives, D-CA 8/3070
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries and Archives
ABC, Associated British Cinemas, cinemas, Mayfair