Designed by McInnes Gardner for J J Bennell, the BB Cinerama in Victoria Road opened in 1922. The name was transferred from a smaller nearby cinema which was ten years older. "BB" came from the owner's slogan, "bright and beautiful".
The cinema was sold to Gaumont in 1931, then to Rank in 1948 when the name was changed to New Cinerama. Another name change to Odeon followed refurbishment in 1964 but audiences dwindled and it finally closed in 1981.
Reference: Glasgow City Archives, D-CA 8/3391
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries and Archives
BB Cinerama, cinemas, films, Gaumont, New Cinerama, Odeon, Rank