The St Enoch Picture Theatre in Argyle Street began life as a music hall, Crouch's Wonderland, which showed films from 1897. It was renamed in 1913, although variety shows continued to be staged until the 1920s.
The cinema closed in 1935, although the building survived as a shop.
Reference: Glasgow City Archives, D-CA 8/127
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries and Archives
cinemas, Crouch's Wonderland, music halls, shops, St Enoch Picture Theatre, variety