John Taylor (fl 1855-1876) was a councillor and magistrate.
Taylor represented the 16th ward on the Town Council for over a quarter of a century. He was a magistrate of the city from 1855 until 1858 and again in 1865. Although not personally ambitious, Taylor was regarded as a councillor who took his responsibilities very seriously and he was a member of the Water Committee and the Gas Committee. He was also a director of the Blind Asylum and a patron of Hutchesons' Hospital.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC 920.04 BAI
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Blind Asylum, councillors, Gas Committee, Hutchesons' Hospital, magistrates, Water Committee