John Burnet (1814-1901) was an architect.
In 1882 Burnet and his son John James (1857-1938) formed John Burnet & Son. The firm became Burnet, Son & Campbell in 1886.
Burnet is most famous as the architect responsible for the the Clydesdale Bank in St Vincent Place (1871-1874), the Merchants' House building in George Square (1874), and the Glasgow Stock Exchange on Buchanan Street (1875-1877).
Reference: Mitchell Library, 920.04BAI
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
architects, Burnet, Son & Campbell, Clydesdale Bank, Glasgow Stock Exchange, John Burnet & Son, Merchants' House