Barony Church was built 1886-1889 after a fund-raising campaign by the minister, Dr John Marshall Lang. This engraving was made shortly after its completion.
The church was designed by John James Burnet and John A Campbell, the winners of a competition judged by the famous church architect John L Pearson (1817-1897). It is in the Gothic style favoured by Pearson, with the south front modelled on Dunblane Cathedral and its interior modelled on Gerona Cathedral.
The building is used today by the University of Strathclyde as a ceremonial hall.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC f 914.1435 STR
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Barony Church, Barony Hall, churches, Dunblane Cathedral, Gerona Cathedral, Gothic, halls, University of Strathclyde