Designed by William Young to reflect the prosperity and importance of the City of Glasgow, the City Chambers were opened by Queen Victoria in 1888. This engraving was made shortly afterwards and captures the magnificence of the main facade.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC f 914.1435 STR
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
City Chambers, municipal buildings