This 1890 view of Glasgow Cathedral, looking west from the Necropolis, shows the structure as it is today with the exception of the re-roofing which took place in the early 20th century. The tenement housing in Townhead, pictured in the background, disappeared when the area was redeveloped in the 1960s.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC f 914.1435 STR
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
churches, Glasgow Cathedral, tenements