The Reverend Henry Batchelor (b 1823) was pastor of the Elgin Place Congregational Church.
Batchelor was minister of several churches in England before coming to Glasgow. His Congregational Church on the corner of Bath and Pitt Streets was built in 1855-1856, and was one of Glasgow's most imposing Greek Revival buildings.
Reference: Mitchell Library, 920.04BAI
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Congregational Church, Elgin Place Congregational Church, Greek Revival, pastors