John Barclay (1840-1893) was minister of St George's Parish Church, 1871-1874.
Barclay was the son of a farmer and a graduate of the University of St Andrew's. He came to Glasgow from Dunblane, and in just three years the sittings in the church increased from 250 to 1,294. In 1874 he translated to Tron Parish Church in Edinburgh.
Reference: Mitchell Library, 920.04BAI
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Church of Scotland, ministers, St George's Parish Church