James Alexander Campbell (1825-1908) was a businessman and Conservative MP for Glasgow and Aberdeen Universities.
Campbell was the son of Sir James Campbell, Lord Provost 1840-1843, and the brother of Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman, the Prime Minister, 1905-1908. He was a partner in the family firm, J & W Campbell, wholesale merchants. On the death of his father in 1876 he inherited the Stracathro estate near Brechin.
The Glasgow News was established in 1873 as Scotland's first Conservative newspaper.
Reference: Mitchell Library, 920.04BAI
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Conservative Party, Glasgow News, J & W Campbell, Members of Parliament, MPs, warehousemen, wholesalers