Henry Lambeth was the city organist.
Lambeth became the city organist in the mid-1850s after the Corporation installed a Gray & Davison organ at the City Halls. In 1858 he became the conductor of the Glasgow Choral Union.
Reference: Mitchell Library, 920.04BAI
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
City Halls, Glasgow Choral Union, organists, organs